Wednesday, November 14, 2018

2017 Zheng Si Long Yibang Purple Leaf


This sample was gifted to me by Tiago of Tea Encounter, currently it has not been offered on the site…

Dry leaves are tightly pressed of fresh juicy fruits, a creamy fresh odour, pencil shavings with grape and blueberry odours

Vacuous strawberry, thin slight rubbery mouthfeel that gets very full quickly, a thin veil of tight sticky astringency, slow subtle expanding strawberry aftertaste, gentle, subtle, soft tingles, big grape tastes, slight sour if pushed, almost bread tasting edges, muscatel delight,  heavy-headed Qi, muscles twitch, spacey.

Had a nice little session with this one today.  Haven’t consumed too much of the purple leaf Yibang in the past but my experience with this one suggests it’s a nice example.

Peace
 


2 comments:

Tiago said...

Dear Matt,

Unfortunately, I recently heard that this tea is sold out. I won't be able to offer it.

I was very disappointed to hear that.

I'm glad you liked it. I was very intrigued by it. :)

Best wishes,
Tiago


Matt said...

Tiago,

The spent leaves tell an interesting story of the complexity of this tea.

Thanks again for this experience and useful reference point.

Peace