Friday, April 20, 2018

Online Puerh Shopping and The Deal That Got Away


I think this must have happened to a number of my readers by now but it’s the first time it’s happened to me with online puerh shopping...

Spot a real deal… probably at least ½ the going market price on this cake.  I figure it’s, at least, tastes twice as good as the asking price.

Line up your next puerh purchase (however you do that).  For me it included a few other purchases on for the ride.

Then just as you plan on sealing the deal and putting everything so nicely in the cart you go to the site and … Boom! It happens…

Sold Out.

At first I was kind of angered.  Felt like swearing out loud… like when I stub my toe.

Then I kind of pouted for a bit.  “Fine then, I will just scrap my order then”.

Then I come to the realization that, sure, I will never get a chance to get this tea that crazy cheap again but other puerh retailers have it (differently stored).  I will have to pay fair price for such things but hey maybe the storage will be twice as good as the sold out?  I start to justify even though I know I would have probably preferred the sold out storage much more.

Then I start thinking… I am supposed to be going after some higher quality stuff not this cheap factory puerh.  This was what I told all of you.  Perhaps this is all for good after all…

But man that was a great deal… and I can’t resist such things…

Over the last year I feel I have been very fortunate at snapping up great deals on some factory cakes that, with the rising price of puerh, will not ever be had at this quality at such low prices ever again.  I have had my old puerh eyes on a lot of different sites to nab up these forgotten bargains but this was the last one I spotted and it is now gone.  So now, my bargainbasement, clear out puerh strategy is no more.

It ended with this last one that got away… for better or for worse…

Then with my confidence up I decide to spend the purchase on one really nice cake, which I have been eyeing for a while.  I was hoping to purchase one in a few months’ time, for a special occasion.  Now, with the bargain basement order failing to go through I have freed up enough to finally justify this big purchase.

So, happy in my decision to go all in with one cake, I go to the site to drop one of these gorgeous cakes into the cart.  Once again I was meet with a big “Sold Out”.

Hahahaha…. Just my luck.

Peace

4 comments:

Jim said...

Oy vey had this happen to me many times. The pangs of tea discipline and restrictions can be unbearable at times. Which cake(s) are we talking about for curiosities sake?

Matt said...

Jim,

http://www.tuochatea.com/menghai-autumn-aroma-pu-erh-cake-p125/

https://www.essenceoftea.com/tea/puerh-tea/2003-hkhenry-conscientious-prescription-seriously-formula-puerh-tea.html

Peace

RichD said...

Only $112 at King Tea Mall!
https://www.kingteamall.com/product/2008-dayi-autumn-flavor-random-lot-cake-500g-yunnan-menghai-raw-tea-sheng-cha/

Matt said...

RichD,

Oh my God... hahaha... you are killing me right now...

It was $46.00 USD about 2 weeks ago at the above vendor when I wrote this post up. I think you could easily argue that it is one of the better Meaghan productions of 2008.

If you were in front of me right now I would give you a big kiss for no reason. Hahahah

Peace