Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Marco’s 2022 Blind Samples Ranking/ Thoughts

 Wow another excellent set of samples!  A bit harder to rank for me mainly because I’m not really in that head space lately and really enjoyed each for what they are.  I think I really understood about half of these with some of the others harder to wrap my mind around.  Looking back weeks later these are the ones that stand out to me.  In order of my enjoyment…

1- #1- this one had really nice energy about it and reminded me of Chawangshu energy so excellent qi experience- strong spaced out feeling with subtle neck releases that you find in the high end stuff.  Tighter rolled smaller leaves had great stamina.  Yiwu Gushu feeling!

2- #6- as above this is another tightly compressed smaller leaf puer.  This one has obvious drier Taiwanese storage and is a very subtle puerh with lots of complexity and nothing overpowering or strong at all.  Nice aged out feeling around 20 years I’m guessing and a Contemplative Qi experience.

3- #4- is an interesting example of Hongkong Traditional storage shu brick with interesting an unique if not a bit crude tasting.  Have never quite tasted this profile from an old HK Traditional shu before especially interesting subtle slower revealing tastes in the first handful of infusions.  Downside is a bit of throat scratchiness.  I hope this is one TeasWeLike can bring in as a cheaper drinker but it’s quite old at least 90s so …

4- #3- not sure I quite understand this one but it was pretty enjoyable and an interesting a new experience for me… These aged old loose leaves smell look and feel old but the taste of fresh watermelon with interesting juicy fruity taste coupled with aged dirty books and faint fruity incense it sort of reminds me of fruity hooka! For some reason Lao Man E came to mind.  Has a warning make-you-sweat Qi with an enlivening happy vibe!

5-#2- This is a well stored a bit smoky Malaysian stored factory production from 2005-2007 that reminds me lots of the famous 2005 Nanqiao Double Lions Bulang but much less powerful.  The balance of smoky BBQ Mesquite and creamy pasty sweetness is nice.  Expected enlivening factory energy.

6- #5- creamy! and acidic at times with a wood varnish taste with somewhat spacey Qi and faint body tingles.  This reminded me of 2003 Hongkong Henry Serious Prescription in some ways.  Shows some drier storage qualities 2003-2006 factory production.

There you have it…. 

Let us wait for Marco’s big reveal to set me straight.

Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Aged dirty books"??? Tastes like a vintage Playboy mag perhaps?

Matt said...

Anonymous,

Hahaha… I laughed out loud! Thanks for bringing some humour to these sometimes dry posts!

Peace