Sunday, October 15, 2023

2023 ChenYuan Hao Puerh Tasting and Website Launch

 After reading some of my reviews of Tea Encounter’s satisfying 2023 puerh line up, Paolo of Puerh.uk reached out to me.  He wanted to see if I wanted to sample the 2023 puerh line up of a rather famous producer- ChenYuan Hao.  Puerh.uk has been selling more and more ChenYuan Hao, a puerh brand that he pretty much used to launch Puerh.uk a few years ago.  Some of the older Chenayuan Hao cakes that I purchased from Paolo back then are some of my favourite cakes( here and here).  Over the last half year they have began to offer more and more newer Chen Yuan Hao offerings which had definitely caught my attention.

However, the very generous offer of a sampling of the ChenYuan Hao’s 2023 line up is not a Puerh.uk offering.  This is how Paolo explains it:


just a note that the CYH tea is from www.chenyuanhao.shop, the 100g cakes are courtesy of CYH for me to distribute around for review and for people to try.
That website is a joint venture between CYH and puerh.uk but I'm not personally very involved in the day to day operations of it, CYH are doing the lion share of it (making tea, setting prices, sending them).
I think there will also be 8gram balls of most 2023 teas, including fancy ones like LBZ, mansong, BHT.

So this is sort of a continuation as of late of some boutique puerh vendors setting up shop in the West or at the very least offering their full line ups on English sites.  ChenYuan Hao, I believe, had some sort of arrangement with KL Wong of TeaPals and was offering the line up for a few years a fews years back.  He still has some up for sale on his site. Anyhow…

Get ready for some great reviews of this stuff if you also were lucky enough to sample these feel free to leave your comments here. If you are interested in trying some of this 2023 ChenYuan Hao bug Paolo and see if he has any left of his 100g sample cake to dole out.. haha

Peace

5 comments:

Tuo Cha Tea said...

The Paolos teas are just way too much expensive to try. I am ready to shell out some quite a big money for tea, but thousands for new tea - that is just too much.

Anonymous Troll said...

Hilarious Matt

This is what? Paolo's 4th rebranding?

You should check out qerebu.com, thats where his fakes go to die.

Matt said...

Thomas,

We both remember blogging 15 years ago about having to pay over $100 for a cake… hahaha…

I might pay multiple hundreds nowadays for a cake but $1000.00 is just hard to wrap your mind around. I’m left wondering if those outside of China are willing to pay that? I agree the price is prohibitive but these cakes are not for mere mortals like us!

It makes me even more grateful for the opportunity to receive these samples!

Anonymous Troll,

I would say it’s his 4th puerh business with one re-brand somewhere in there. He is a businessman of puerh for sure. I’m always left wondering what will be next?

Peace

Roadie said...

You got to give it to Paolo. He ignores the trolls and keeps on releasing bangers week after week. and now he brings us CYH! I only tried the chawangsu and chawang from the young tea and I look forward to see the reviews to see what to buy

I was skeptic when I read people like anonymous troll last year but I've since ordered from puerh.uk and well, I've basically only bought from puerh uk after that first order, including a few teas that were not on the website

Never had a bad tea from puerh uk, never had a mediocre tea either. But I had quite a lot of mediocre tea from the two vendors I used before them (essence of tea and teas we like)

Anonymous said...

@Roadie Hi Paolo